This is my blog. So I get to decide the rules of conduct here, and I get to approve comments or not. Questions and reality-based discussion are fine; rudeness is unacceptable. I will not approve comments that involve any of the following breaches of polite conduct, so don’t bother posting them:
- Disparaging or derogatory references to groups of people.
- Disparaging or derogatory references to particular cultures or their traditional life-ways.
- Disparaging or derogatory references to individuals who are not public figures (and I will not look all that favorably on such references to public figures either).
- Uninformed or misleading comments, particularly those which indicate that the commenter didn’t even take the time to follow the links provided in the original post and read what was there, but rather just aired her/his own opinion, unfettered by facts.
- CONTINUOUS LENGTHY SHOUTING. A word in caps now & again is OK, four paragraphs of shouting isn’t. It hurts people’s eyes to read that. Oh, and they think you don’t know how to keyboard.
I reserve the right not to approve other comments that don’t fit with the mission of the blog. For example, I won’t approve comments that seem to me to put cultural resources at risk.
One other thing, regarding what people eat: De gustibus non est disputandum. So don’t try.