Weather day

It rained all night, and is still very windy.  The oceanographers decided that they’d rather wait until it wasn’t pouring to go out to Nuvuk.  We looked at the weather, and small craft advisories are extended to at least Sunday night, but the forecast for Monday suggested they will be extended as soon as we hit the right window in time.  The rain is supposed to let up, though, so tomorrow and Monday are looking much more promising.

I spent some time at the BARC, listening to the Saturday Schoolyard talk and working on the Nuvuk plotting.  It was fun to see the gas field project coming together after working on the cultural resources surveys for the last three years!  They have the drill rig set up in the East Barrow Gas Fields (you can see it from Nuvuk) and are supposed to spud in the well today.

I also looked at the plots from the DWF for this year, to check how the various levels had related to each other.  I hope this will be helpful in trying to recover the rest of the structure.

Now to catch up with laundry, bills, etc.  Hard to keep all that on track if you are working 6 days a week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s